There’s a baby in my belly!

I had my beta draw yesterday morning and it came back at 449, which the clinic said is a great number. We are officially pregnant!

Since I haven’t posted since the beginning of the month, I better give an update on how transfer and testing went.

The days leading up to the transfer were emotional for me.  The hormones were finally taking their toll and reality had started setting in. I was experiencing a mix of emotions including excitement, anxiety, and fear. I was so excited to finally meet C&J and help them make their dreams come true, but was starting to feel very worried that something wasn’t going to work out and that I would somehow let them down.  That fear was quickly taken over by excitement on the morning we flew out.

We flew to Toronto on Sunday, March 7 and met up with C&J at the hotel right when we got there.  We went on a brewery tour that afternoon, then out for dinner with the egg donor (who was equally as lovely as C!) We finished off the day with a trip to the aquarium, where we realized the baby jellyfish looked like little embryos. It was a great day, and I even got to indulge in my last little bit of beer for a while. C&J were just as awesome as I expected them to be, and I was once again reassured that we had picked a perfect match.


The next morning we put on our lucky transfer t-shirts and headed to the clinic for transfer, and aside from a little bit of a wait, everything went great. Everyone seemed really calm and the transfer itself was really quick.  It was a bit uncomfortable, but nothing worse than a pap. We named the embryo Squishy and went on our way. We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging around downtown Toronto and said our goodbyes that evening.  The weekend had gone better than I could have ever imagined.


The wait to test was excruciating. And I’ll admit, I picked up a few cheapies to test early because I knew I wouldn’t be able to wait the full 5 days.  I forgot how discouraging seeing negative pregnancy tests was.  But, on day 5 I finally got a perfect, though faint, little pink line.  I tried a digital test for fun and even it turned positive.  I have never felt more relieved!  We FaceTimed with C&J to give them the great news and everyone was ecstatic. The looks on their faces has made all of the poking and prodding so far completely worth it.


So far things have been going well.  I had a horrible sinus cold the week after the positive tests and forgot how awful they are when you can’t take the good drugs! But otherwise I have been feeling fine.  I’ve been tired, but thankfully the morning sickness hasn’t set in yet. (It will tomorrow now that I’ve typed that, I’m sure of it.)

We are heading out west to visit my sister and her family for Easter weekend and will be going for a few ultrasounds in the next few weeks. Keep your fingers crossed that everything continues to go well!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: